Our small private school is located on a residential street in North Toronto. It offers all the school experiences young children need to learn, grow and thrive.
- The Arts Studio serves multiple purposes as a theatre, assembly and events space and a studio for visual arts class. In our arts studio students will paint, draw, dance, learn yoga; a special space for SBS learners to exercise their creativity and talents.
- The Music Studio is alive with melody and rhythm, singing and experimentation with instruments and voice.
- The SBS French Studio, is a unique space with its own ambience where French language and culture come alive.
- Our large playground, with its climbers, basketball net, sandbox, and open space for games and physical activity ensures that our program fills the needs of the whole child.
- The newly revonated and refurbished Sunnybrook Library houses more than 10,000 items; a learning commons where literacy is fostered and research is active and on-going.
- Our gym, as well as the numerous off-site facilities which complement the Sunnybrook Phys. Ed. program.
- Technology enriches and extends learning through our 1:1 iPad Program, and the support technology of SMART Boards, laptops, printers etc.
SBS classrooms are so much more than a space to house desks, chairs, people. They are places of learning and creativity, where children build knowledge and friendships. Places where they explore, inquire, invent, design, build, produce, present and compose, where they are engaged IB PYP learners. They are active spaces with traditional materials at home alongside modern technology. Flexible spaces, where furniture can be reconfigured on a momentʼs notice to accommodate a variety of activities.
We call our rooms studios to highlight the active, creative learning students enjoy at Sunnybrook School. Touring the school at any time you may encounter students working on videos for their Media unit in the grade 5 studio, engaged in word study in the GR 2 Studio, practicing their printing skills in the JK Studio, or writing an essay for their PYP Exhibition in the GR 6 Studio. Sunnybrook School Learning Studios are buzzing with lively, engaged learning.
Our facility offers an inspiring learning environment. Our studios and halls celebrate that learning is active and alive throughout the school - evidence of a dynamic experience for SBS students.